- Fall 2014
- Spring 2014
- About SM AYSO
- About Our Soccer Programs
- Board & Staff Contacts
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Fields & Safety
- Information for Players
- Kids Zone
- Lost & Found
- Rules & Guidelines
- Administrative Access
How does AYSO handle the issue of blood safety?
Per AYSO guidelines, the following is required to occur if a player is injured and bleeding is present during practice or a game:
1. The player must be removed from the activity immediately and the nature of the bleeding stopped.
2. The wound must be covered/bandaged.
3. Any article of a players clothing containing blood must be removed or neutralized with a solution of hydrogen peroxide.