- Fall 2014
- About SM AYSO
- About Our Soccer Programs
- Board & Staff Contacts
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Fields & Safety
- Information for Players
- Kids Zone
- Lost & Found
- Rules & Guidelines
- Administrative Access
The national media focuses on the negative behavior of players, coaches and parents involved in youth sports. In a proactive effort to counteract this view, AYSO is initiating a program called Kids Zone.
As part of AYSO's education agenda, Kids Zone is a dynamic program targeted to eliminate negative sideline behavior. It is aimed toward producing a thoroughly positive impact on everyone involved in youth soccer. To execute this program, three basic elements are involved:
- The Badge. This is a pin-on button bearing the program's logo. This will be worn by program supporters at games, and will serve as a reminder of the importance of positive sideline behavior.
- The Sign.A large sideline, which lists positive behavior standards, will be posted at the entrance of participating fields. Parents and spectators who will abide by these standards are welcome -- all others are not.
- The Pledge. We will request AYSO parents to sign a pledge that holds them to the Kids Zone standards.
Kids Zone Video
This is a 12 minute documentary that introduces AYSO's principles and its Kids Zone action plan to new participants. Viewers will also watch a parent intervene to change another parent's negative behavior.