ASSISTANT REGIONAL COMMISSIONER (BOYS):
The Assistant Regional Commissioner, shall perform such duties as may be delegated to the
Assistant Regional Commissioner by the Regional Commissioner and, in his/her absence, shall
perform the duties of the Regional Commissioner on behalf of the Region.
Skills needed for doing this job includes ability to delegate, working well with a variety of
people, good organizational talent, and ability to deal with rare conflict. The position has many
rewards, including working with some great people, developing relationships with the city Parks
and Rec. personnel, and meeting other people interested in soccer from around the area. Time
commitment is around 2-4 hours per week, with more during the pre-season and less in the off-
The Board Secretary shall take minutes at all meetings of the Regional Board and general
meetings of the Region and shall be charged with sending out all general correspondence and
notices for the Region. The Board Secretary shall be responsible for publishing the minutes to
the Regional Board and for sending a copy of the minutes to the Area Director after they are
approved. The Board Secretary shall ensure that the Regional Guidelines are reviewed
annually and copies are made available to all Regional participating members.
The Board Secretary will oversee the Region’s calendar and he/she, or his/her designate, will
ensure that this information is kept up to date on the Region’s website.
The Board Secretary will act as the primary interface to the City or the School District for
reserving rooms for AYSO functions, such as board meetings, training classes, and registration.
ASSISTANT REGIONAL COMMISSIONER FOR SPRING PROGRAM:
The ARC Spring Programs is responsible for working with the Regional Commissioner and the
Regional Board in the planning, implementation and supervision of participation in
tournaments, soccerfests and other additional soccer opportunities for Regional players outside
the primary regular Fall season program. This may include Turkey Tournaments, Spring Select
(& All-Stars) Tournaments, and Spring Scrimmages.
The Regional Commissioner shall have the responsibility and the authority to manage the day-
to-day business of the Region as described in Article III of the AYSO Guidelines within the
framework of the AYSO operating regulations and the Guidelines. The Regional Commissioner’s responsibility and authority shall also include:
- Filing on a timely basis the Regional Information Form with the National Support Center.
- Reviewing on an annual basis these Regional Guidelines and other written Regional
- Supervising the Regional Treasurer by periodically reviewing the Region’s canceled checks
and bank statements, reviewing each month the National Accounting Program (NAP)
financial report, periodically reviewing internal financial control procedures, and taking
other reasonable measures to assure that the Region’s assets and expenses are being
handled in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Reporting to the Area Director and being responsible for the performance and growth of
the Regional programs for the benefit of the players, the volunteers and their families.
- Organizing, maintaining, supervising and coaching Regional volunteer staffs to assure
adequate support and services to the Region, including the development of new volunteers
for Regional position succession planning.
- Acting as the official spokesperson for the Region in regard to publicity, internal
development, cultural exchange, business systems, budgets, Regional operating regulations
and other matters concerning AYSO programs within the Region.
Assisting the Regional Board in the planning and implementation of its policies and
programs within the Region.
- Overseeing dispute resolution within the Region pursuant to Article Nine of the Guidelines
and AYSO operating regulations.
- Presiding at all Regional Board meetings.
- Keeping the Regional Board informed of actions and decisions on matters of importance.
- Attending Area meetings, Section Meetings and caucuses, and the National Annual General
- Maintaining close liaison with the Area Director and the Section Director, and coordinating
all extra-Regional activities through the Area Director.
- Submitting a completed Regional Performance Program to the Area Director prior to
December 1st of each calendar year.
- Making such other decisions and taking actions as may be required to run the Region,
within the limits of the Regional budget and the Guidelines.
- Responsible with the Assistant Regional Commissioners and the Regional Coach
Administrator for recruiting and selecting the Division Commissioners, who are responsible
for managing the various player divisions.