Who is Eligible for Financial Aid?
You are eligible for partial financial aid from Santa Monica AYSO if you are also receiving government assistance from:
- City of Santa Monica Community & Cultural Services (e.g., CREST)
- Free or reduced lunch program or
- Section 8 housing
If there are funds remaining, some financial aid may be granted to players who do not qualify under the above criteria, but who still demonstrate a genuine financial need. Priority for this discretionary aid will be given to families who contribute to the Region as active volunteers.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Parents/guardians must fully complete the web-based Financial Aid Application Incomplete applications will be denied. Note: The information you provide will be treated with discretion and reviewed only as necessary to consider your application.
- Applications will be reviewed and financial aid will be awarded based on need, until funds set aside for financial aid have been depleted. All other factors being equal, priority will be given to active volunteers.
- Submit your financial aid application as soon as possible and at least 3 weeks before you plan to pay your player’s fees to allow enough time for your application to be considered. Late applications may not be accepted, and also may cause you to miss out on discounts that may be generally available for early registration.
- You will be notified by email after your financial aid application has been considered. Any financial aid you have been granted will be entered in the InLeague system. Then you should promptly return to InLeague to pay your portion of the registration fee.